Monday, February 27, 2017

A little makeup and Ibuprofen?


Kenadi has been so interested in makeup lately. I like hearing about what she thinks is beautiful. She's started losing her teeth and gets embarrassed when we call her "snaggletooth".

Makeup is defined as cosmetics such as powder or lipstick applied to the face to enhance or alter the appearance. It's been around forever. It can be filled with chemicals of all sort or war paint used by the Indians made out of berries, minerals, tree bark and clay. I'm not hating on makeup whatsoever!! The things people can do with it are amazing! But it's really a shame when you can't feel beautiful without it. I've never been one to be able to apply makeup to my face in a way that it looks good to me. I hate everything that goes along with putting it on my face and taking it off. I don't feel like myself with it on but then again there are some that don't feel like themselves without it. I guess it would be a perfect world if we were all comfortable in our own skin. This year I told myself I would try to go the whole entire year without wearing makeup! So far 2017 has been makeup free. Granted March is just now approaching but I plan on sticking with it. I want my daughter whom is about to be 6- and is very curious about makeup- to feel beautiful in her own skin. And I know that by teaching her while she's young it will be easier for her to learn. She will get smarter as she gets older and see the world for what it really is. I wish that I could shelter her forever from all of the bad in the world but I can't. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes from within. People find beauty in different things that is what makes everyone beautiful. Instead of sheltering her I choose to help her learn to find beauty in everything around her even when it doesn't seem to exist.

This year among a million other things I told myself I would stop doing I chose to stop taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol- among a list of other things and that I would get my anemia under control. While these are just little things they can mean a lot for your body in the long run. All in all they never seem to help when I do take them. I have managed to go since December of 2016 without taking any of them! I started an iron supplement, along with other vitamins, minerals, and probiotics I take everyday. I am amazed at how much better I feel. I have learned that those aren't the quick fix to your problems. I have learned that there are tons of things you can do for yourself naturally that work just as well for healing yourself. I took Kenadi to an orthopedic doctor two weeks ago because she had hurt her knee and I wanted to get an x-ray. I'm glad I took her because while they didn't find anything on the x-ray the doctor felt of her knees and hamstrings and discovered how tight her hamstrings were and said she put tended to put a lot of pressure on her knees. Later in life he said she will probably develop arthritis like her ole momma. To my surprise he suggested that he was not going to order physical therapy or for her to sit out during PE at school but for her to take TWO adult Ibuprofen pills twice a day for two weeks. While I am not against giving her medicine for pain I think for her age and given the fact she has never taken that stuff in her life she shouldn't need a dose to that extent.

It's funny the older you get what you learn and realize. Hell, it's amazing what you can learn after doing a little research for yourself on topics you're not informed of! I am thankful to be a free thinker and open minded to different ideas, views, and opinions.