Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Sougahoagdee Falls in Bankhead National Forest

Sougahoagdee Falls is one of my favorite waterfalls to hike to in the forest. I've been here a good bit over the years but one of my favorite hikes was on Christmas Day last year. Talk about the literal best way to celebrate Christmas is in the forest in 70 degree weather! Six of us hammock camping in December...it doesn't get much better than that. I won't talk about getting 4 of us off of the trail walking on top of the bluff line above the trail in a complete thick grew up mess...I get turned around sometimes haha. However I''m definitely improving on navigating my way through here. I like trying to read my map and study it. My goal is to only be able to get lost if I want to ;)
Christmas Day and 70 degrees in the forest
It's not far into Bankhead and is a very easy hike to get to compared to a lot of waterfalls here. Brushy Creek is such a big and beautiful creek. I'd like to fish it sometime! You get to see several waterfalls and shelter bluffs along the way to Sougahoagdee Falls.